Participating in an escape room challenge is one of the most fun and exciting ways to spend quality time with your friends, family and/or coworkers. But before jumping into an escape adventure, it’s important to be aware of a few things so that everyone in your group gets the maximum enjoyment out of the experience. For instance, it’s essential to know how many players you need to succeed in the challenge without things getting overly crowded in the room.
So how many people do you need for an escape room? As you may have guessed, it all depends on which challenge your group will be attempting to conquer. Here at Expedition Escape, we offer rooms suited for anywhere from two to 50 guests. For each of our traditional escape rooms, we’ve set a recommended and maximum number of players. To ensure that there is plenty of space for everyone to work on the puzzles and no one feels claustrophobic, we advise our visitors against trying to play with more than the maximum number of people set for a room.
To answer the question “How many people do you need for an escape room?” a bit more specifically, here are the recommended and maximum player number guidelines for each of our escape rooms:
- Lost Teddy (Montgomeryville) – 8 kids max + at least one adult required
- The Candy Shop (Montgomeryville) – 6-8 players recommended; 10 players max
- The List (Montgomeryville) – 6-8 players recommended; 10 players max
- Quarantine (Montgomeryville) – 6-8 players recommended; 10 players max
- Da Vinci’s Office (Montgomeryville) – 6-8 players recommended; 10 players max
- Lost in Space (Montgomeryville) – Under construction; numbers not yet set
- Aunt Edna’s Condo (KOP) – 2-6 players recommended; 10 players max
- Baker Street Mystery (KOP) – 6-8 players recommended; 8 players max
- Bank Heist (KOP) – 6-8 players recommended; 8 players max
- Quest for the Throne (KOP) – 4-6 players recommended; 10 players max
So what happens if you’ve got more than 8-10 people who want to come along on your escape expedition? This is what our Ultimate Adventure is made for! Designed to accommodate larger groups, this awesome escape room experience will allow your crew to rent out our entire venue for an hour and a half. At our King of Prussia location, up to 36 guests can try their hand at escaping one of our four thrilling rooms at the same time. As for our Montgomeryville location, you can currently choose the four-room package to host up to 40 people or the five-room package to accommodate up to 50 players.
Are You Clever Enough to Escape? Come Find Out!
Now that you’ve gotten a detailed response to the question “How many people do you need for an escape room?,” you’re ready to recruit a team and reserve your adventure at Expedition Escape! Claiming your spot is super easy – just use our online booking feature to choose your reservation details, and you’ll be all set.
If you’d like to see the answers to more escape room FAQs, such as “Are escape rooms hard?,” check out our past blog posts and our website! Exhilaration, team bonding time and a whole lot of fun awaits you here at Expedition Escape!